Trying to buy sweet oranges filled with a lot of orange juice/water, Relishmart is the place for you!
Oranges are round, orange-colored citrus fruits that grow on trees. They originally came from China, but today these nutritious powerhouses are grown in warm climates around the world.
Also called sweet oranges, they grow on orange trees (Citrus x sinensis) and belong to a large group of fruits known as citrus fruits.
Oranges are a healthy source of fiber, vitamin C, thiamine, folate, and antioxidants. They have multiple health benefits.
Here are the nutrients in about half of a large orange (100 grams) :
- Calories: 47
- Water: 87%
- Protein: 0.9 grams
- Carbs: 11.8 grams
- Sugar: 9.4 grams
- Fiber: 2.4 grams
- Fat: 0.1 grams
Every type of orange has more than 100% of your recommended daily amount of vitamin C. That’s more than any other citrus fruit. All you have to do to get this key vitamin is peel and eat.
Why you should buy Oranges
The vitamin C in oranges helps your body in lots of ways:
- Protects your cells from damage
- Helps your body make collagen, a protein that heals wounds and gives you smoother skin
- Makes it easier to absorb iron to fight anemia
- Boosts your immune system, your body’s defense against germs
- Slows the advance of age-related macular degeneration (AMD), a leading cause of vision loss
- Helps fight cancer-causing free radicals
How to Prepare and Store Oranges
You can store your oranges at room temperature out of direct sunlight. But if you know you won’t eat them for a few days, put them in your refrigerator’s crisper drawer.
For ways to prepare oranges, check out:
Vitamins & Minerals
Oranges are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C, thiamine, folate, and potassium.
- Vitamin C. Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C. One large orange provides over 100% of the RDI (4Trusted Source).
- Thiamine. One of the B vitamins, also called vitamin B1, thiamine is found in a wide variety of foods.
- Folate. Also known as vitamin B9 or folic acid, folate has many essential functions and is found in many plant foods.
- Potassium. Oranges are a good source of potassium. High intake of potassium can lower blood pressure in people who already have high levels and may reduce your risk of heart disease (9Trusted Source).
Buy oranges here and check out other fruits at : Relishmart Fruits
Sources: www.webmd.com/food-recipes/health-benefits-oranges, www.healthline.com/nutrition/foods/oranges